Toshiba, Italian Government Study Grid Management in Europe
Toshiba Transmission and Distribution Europe, an Italian Toshiba Group company, has signed an agreement for the joint development of energy management systems optimized for Europe with the Italian government’s National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (ENEA).
The agreement covers a wide range of topics including energy efficiency, renewable energy sources, smart grids, electric storage for the grid and electric mobility, rechargeable battery systems, and innovative PV technologies.
Growth of solar and other renewables in Italy is stimulating demand for grid management systems to manage power fluctuations in areas that have introduced PV intensively, and to overcome the inability to transmit wind generated power due to insufficient transmission capacity.
Toshiba has participated in many proof-of-concept demonstrations of smart grid technologies around the world, including Rome, Lyon in France and Los Alamos in Arizona. Drawing on its expertise obtained in these and other projects, combined with local information collected by ENEA at its research facilities throughout Italy, Toshiba will propose optimal energy solutions such as grid stabilization and frequency control and adjustment by introducing rechargeable batteries for localized grid balancing.
Toshiba plans to customize its technologies for the European market through collaboration with ENEA and to boost its grid solution business in Europe.
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software