Toshiba, Italian Government Study Grid Management in Europe
Toshiba Transmission and Distribution Europe, an Italian Toshiba Group company, has signed an agreement for the joint development of energy management systems optimized for Europe with the Italian government’s National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (ENEA).
The agreement covers a wide range of topics including energy efficiency, renewable energy sources, smart grids, electric storage for the grid and electric mobility, rechargeable battery systems, and innovative PV technologies.
Growth of solar and other renewables in Italy is stimulating demand for grid management systems to manage power fluctuations in areas that have introduced PV intensively, and to overcome the inability to transmit wind generated power due to insufficient transmission capacity.
Toshiba has participated in many proof-of-concept demonstrations of smart grid technologies around the world, including Rome, Lyon in France and Los Alamos in Arizona. Drawing on its expertise obtained in these and other projects, combined with local information collected by ENEA at its research facilities throughout Italy, Toshiba will propose optimal energy solutions such as grid stabilization and frequency control and adjustment by introducing rechargeable batteries for localized grid balancing.
Toshiba plans to customize its technologies for the European market through collaboration with ENEA and to boost its grid solution business in Europe.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- LED Myths and Facts
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing