Toshiba, Italian Government Study Grid Management in Europe
Toshiba Transmission and Distribution Europe, an Italian Toshiba Group company, has signed an agreement for the joint development of energy management systems optimized for Europe with the Italian government’s National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (ENEA).
The agreement covers a wide range of topics including energy efficiency, renewable energy sources, smart grids, electric storage for the grid and electric mobility, rechargeable battery systems, and innovative PV technologies.
Growth of solar and other renewables in Italy is stimulating demand for grid management systems to manage power fluctuations in areas that have introduced PV intensively, and to overcome the inability to transmit wind generated power due to insufficient transmission capacity.
Toshiba has participated in many proof-of-concept demonstrations of smart grid technologies around the world, including Rome, Lyon in France and Los Alamos in Arizona. Drawing on its expertise obtained in these and other projects, combined with local information collected by ENEA at its research facilities throughout Italy, Toshiba will propose optimal energy solutions such as grid stabilization and frequency control and adjustment by introducing rechargeable batteries for localized grid balancing.
Toshiba plans to customize its technologies for the European market through collaboration with ENEA and to boost its grid solution business in Europe.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation