Toshiba LED Roadway Lights Shine 100,000 Hours
Toshiba International introduced its next generation of roadway lighting products, the TLS-RTLM and TLS-RTLS LED Roadway Luminaires. The RTL lights come in two sizes, the short blade RTLS and the medium blade RTLM, and feature an integral photocell system with a 15-year rated life based on an average of 12 operating hours per day.
The integral photocell system provides automatic dimming capabilities, which reduces energy costs by automatically adjusting light output at dusk and dawn. By designing the roadway luminaires with integral photocells, Toshiba eliminated the need for the NEMA twist-lock receptacle; however, the NEMA receptacle is an available option.
The Toshiba TLS-RTL LEDs are direct replacements for 70 to 400-watt HID luminaires yet consume 50 percent less energy than typical HID luminaires to effectively illuminate the same area. They offer an LED array with an expected life of 100,000 hours based on 9,000 hours of LED testing.
Available in 24-72 LEDs and 4100K and 6000K color temperatures, the RTL luminaires deliver uniform light distribution, which enables lower lumen output while maintaining the Illuminating Engineering Society’s (IES) recommended light levels. The luminaires have a finned LED heat sink to keep the them cool.
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology