Toshiba Scales Back LED Lighting Business in US
Toshiba International Corporation of Houston, Texas, is discontinuing its LED Lighting Systems Division by March 31, 2014. The headquarters’ responsibility for Toshiba Lighting in the Americas will be transferred to Greenstar Lighting Products located in San Antonio, Texas. Greenstar is a Toshiba subsidiary.
A Toshiba spokeswoman said, “Greenstar will become the headquarters of operation for Toshiba Lighting in the Americas. In the short run, Greenstar will target particular segments such as street/area and industrial lighting products.”
Toshiba’s announcement said the company will de-emphasize LED lamps and light bulbs in the Americas.
The Toshiba spokeswoman said, “Toshiba is minimizing lamps development activities for the US market for now. Lamps meeting US specifications are somewhat unique to the US, and Toshiba intends to more strongly target areas in which product standards are more highly globalized and in which the return on product development effort can be greater.”
Toshiba says its global commitment to LED lighting remains strong and that LED lighting is an essential component of Toshiba systems for high efficiency intelligent buildings and integrated smart city installations.
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds