Toshiba Scales Back LED Lighting Business in US
Toshiba International Corporation of Houston, Texas, is discontinuing its LED Lighting Systems Division by March 31, 2014. The headquarters’ responsibility for Toshiba Lighting in the Americas will be transferred to Greenstar Lighting Products located in San Antonio, Texas. Greenstar is a Toshiba subsidiary.
A Toshiba spokeswoman said, “Greenstar will become the headquarters of operation for Toshiba Lighting in the Americas. In the short run, Greenstar will target particular segments such as street/area and industrial lighting products.”
Toshiba’s announcement said the company will de-emphasize LED lamps and light bulbs in the Americas.
The Toshiba spokeswoman said, “Toshiba is minimizing lamps development activities for the US market for now. Lamps meeting US specifications are somewhat unique to the US, and Toshiba intends to more strongly target areas in which product standards are more highly globalized and in which the return on product development effort can be greater.”
Toshiba says its global commitment to LED lighting remains strong and that LED lighting is an essential component of Toshiba systems for high efficiency intelligent buildings and integrated smart city installations.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement