TOTO Powers Its Business with 5.8 million kWh of Green Energy
Georgia Power says TOTO USA, a manufacturer of bathroom fixtures in Morrow, Ga., has become one of the largest purchasers of Green Energy through the utility’s program, which enables residential and business customers to purchase electricity produced from renewable generation sources including solar and biomass.
TOTO joined the Green Energy program in 2007, became a large-volume customer in 2009 by purchasing 2.2 million Green Energy kilowatt-hours annually, and, in 2013, increased that number to 5.8 million kilowatt-hours annually – roughly 50 percent of the company’s overall energy usage.
Georgia Power started the Green Energy program in 2006 and currently works with more than 4,000 customers ranging from individual residential customers to large manufacturers such as TOTO. The program’s impact is due largely to the commitment of large volume customers, who purchase a minimum of 90,000 kilowatt-hours of renewable energy every month.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room