TOTO Powers Its Business with 5.8 million kWh of Green Energy
Georgia Power says TOTO USA, a manufacturer of bathroom fixtures in Morrow, Ga., has become one of the largest purchasers of Green Energy through the utility’s program, which enables residential and business customers to purchase electricity produced from renewable generation sources including solar and biomass.
TOTO joined the Green Energy program in 2007, became a large-volume customer in 2009 by purchasing 2.2 million Green Energy kilowatt-hours annually, and, in 2013, increased that number to 5.8 million kilowatt-hours annually – roughly 50 percent of the company’s overall energy usage.
Georgia Power started the Green Energy program in 2006 and currently works with more than 4,000 customers ranging from individual residential customers to large manufacturers such as TOTO. The program’s impact is due largely to the commitment of large volume customers, who purchase a minimum of 90,000 kilowatt-hours of renewable energy every month.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control