TOTO Powers Its Business with 5.8 million kWh of Green Energy
Georgia Power says TOTO USA, a manufacturer of bathroom fixtures in Morrow, Ga., has become one of the largest purchasers of Green Energy through the utility’s program, which enables residential and business customers to purchase electricity produced from renewable generation sources including solar and biomass.
TOTO joined the Green Energy program in 2007, became a large-volume customer in 2009 by purchasing 2.2 million Green Energy kilowatt-hours annually, and, in 2013, increased that number to 5.8 million kilowatt-hours annually – roughly 50 percent of the company’s overall energy usage.
Georgia Power started the Green Energy program in 2006 and currently works with more than 4,000 customers ranging from individual residential customers to large manufacturers such as TOTO. The program’s impact is due largely to the commitment of large volume customers, who purchase a minimum of 90,000 kilowatt-hours of renewable energy every month.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement