Traditional Breads Saves 14.8% on Energy with HVAC Technologies
Smartcool Systems products – provided through its distributor SmartACR – were installed to cut the energy consumption of the air conditioning and refrigeration systems at Traditional Breads in Lynn, Mass.
The large commercial bakery has seen annual energy savings of 264,723 kWh from the 18 Smartcool ECO3 units and 2 ESM units in its 83,177-sq-foot facility.
Smartcool Systems’ ECO3 and ESM are retrofit technologies that reduce the energy consumption of compressors in air conditioning, refrigeration and heat pump systems.
Traditional Breads says that independent verification shows it is achieving energy savings of 14.8 percent of the total electricity used by the facility. Veris power meters were installed to monitor the energy consumption of the compressors in the cooling systems. Data was collected and analyzed using Obvius Acquisuite data loggers, confirming that the ECO3 and ESM were actively saving energy without any impact on temperature or humidity conditions.
This data gave SmartACR the proof of energy savings it required to pursue rebates from the local utility, National Grid, which awarded Traditional Breads rebates worth $50,000 under the terms of its Large Business Existing Facility Incentives Program.
SmartACR is an independent distributor of Smartcool’s ECO3 and ESM in the US, operating out of offices in Boston and Houston. SmartACR is focused on the development and delivery of energy efficiency products for commercial and industrial air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- LED Myths and Facts
- The Value of Integrating Health, Safety and Environment Processes with Enterprise Asset Management
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts