Trane Expands Lineup of Outdoor Air Handler Units
Trane expanded its lineup of Performance Climate Changer outdoor air handler units to deliver increased energy efficiency and improved indoor air quality for a wide variety of applications.
Performance Climate Changer outdoor air handlers use Trane Cool Dry Quiet desiccant dehumidification wheels to manage building humidity better than traditional coil-only cooling systems and use up to 60 percent less energy, says the company.
To control a broad range of airborne contaminants, including dust, particulates, odors, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), viruses and bacteria, Performance Climate Changer air handlers use the Trane Catalytic Air Cleaning System to combine high-efficiency MERV 13 filtration with UV-C lights and photo-catalytic oxidation.
The unit fan arrays reduce noise by eliminating belts and offering multiple fan blade and wheel options. The fans’ beltless design also delivers maintenance advantages, since there is no need to adjust or replace belts. Discharge plenums and tuning modules, fan silencers and acoustical prediction software reduce sound levels even further for noise-sensitive applications.
Additional options, like AHRI 1060-certified energy wheels, a Dual Exhaust Energy Recovery system and air-to-plate heat exchangers, can increase savings with advanced energy recovery capabilities.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles