Trane Introduces Water-Cooled Chiller
Trane has introduced the Series R RTWD water-cooled chiller, which is aimed at commercial and industrial buildings in North America and the Middle East.
The series R RTWD, according to TRANE, is the newest entry in the EcoWise portfolio. It offers ease of installation and energy efficient operations, the company says. The chiller can operate using R-134A or Opteon XP10 (R-513A) refrigerants a low-GWP refrigerant from Chemours, according to the press release. The chiller features an infinite unloading compressor design, a wide operating temperature range, heat recovery options us to 140 degrees Fahrenheit and advanced controls, the company says.
TRANE, which is an Ingersoll Rand brand, is far more than an equipment manufacturer. This spring, it was awarded a contract by the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) for work at ten facilities in New York City and the surrounding area. The value of the contract potentially could reach $114 million.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash