Trane Outdoor Air Product Line Deals with Humidity Problems
Trane commercial expanded its Horizon Outdoor Air Units (OAU) product line. The Horizon OAU series uses a technology, addressing the occupant health, property damage and energy efficiency problems associated with using untreated outside air to supply building ventilation needs.
Trane has completely redesigned the 10- to 30-ton platform to deliver 100-percent outdoor air without associated humidity issues.
Trane says high occupancy spaces pose a particular challenge, because sensible and latent loads do not peak at the same time. In most climates, the result is elevated indoor humidity at part-load conditions.
By dehumidifying outdoor supply air before it is delivered to the interior space, latent loads are greatly reduced, providing optimal comfort and promoting energy efficient operation, says Trane.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash