TransCanada Commissions 111 MW Wind Farm
TransCanada Corporation completed the Quebec-based Gros-Morne wind farm, the final phase of Cartier Wind Energy. Gros-Morne was officially commissioned today. The wind farm was completed one month ahead of schedule and can produce up to 111 MW, enough to meet the needs of over 20,000 Quebec homes every year.
The five phases of Cartier Wind Energy has a total capacity of 590 MW, enough to meet the needs of more than 100,000 Quebec homes. All of the power produced by the project is sold to Hydro-Quebec under 20-year power purchase agreements.
Cartier is the largest wind farm in Canada and is owned by TransCanada Corporation (62 percent) and Innergex Renewable Energy (38 percent).
Combined with the rest of its power portfolio, TransCanada is now providing emissions-free electricity to more than 2.5 million homes in North America. TransCanada also owns, operates or has an interest in:
- New England’s largest wind farm – the Kibby Wind Project;
- Thirteen hydro-electric facilities in New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Vermont (nine have already received Low Impact Hydropower Institute certification);
- Bruce Power – the source of roughly 25 percent of Ontario’s electricity;
- Solar – TransCanada will acquire nine solar projects in Ontario which are expected to come into service through 2014.
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement