Trina Solar Launches Higher Efficiency Modules
Trina Solar launched two new high-efficiency modules, the Honey Plus (PC05A II), a multi-crystalline module, and the Honey M Plus (DC05A II), a mono-crystalline module, which offer average power outputs of 275W and 285W, respectively. The Honey Plus offers an average cell efficiency of 18.7 percent while the Honey M Plus offers an average cell efficiency of 20.4 percent.
The improved efficiency delivered by both modules is due to the adoption of a Passivated Emitter and Rear Cell (PERC) technology, which enables greater energy production and better performance, including in low light environments. Equipped with 5-busbar technology, these two products offer the advantages of lower series resistance, increased Cell-to-Module ratio (CTM) and enhanced reliability, according to Trina Solar.
The two modules will be available in select markets in the first half of 2015 with a worldwide launch scheduled in 2016.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds