Trio of Chicago Hilton Hotels Pick Telkonet EMS
Three Hilton Worldwide hotels in the Greater Chicago area have upped the ante on their energy efficiency measures by installing EcoSmart energy management systems from Telkonet, featuring Recovery Time technology. Green to Guest, a firm specializing in energy management for the hospitality industry, installed EcoInsight thermostats from Telkonet in 750 rooms at the Hilton Northbrook, the Hilton Lisle/Naperville and the DoubleTree Alsip.
The hotels are expecting to reduce their energy usage by 35 percent.
With the Recovery Time aspect of Telkonet’s technology, there is no fixed setback temperature, which some guests don’t like. Instead the software calculates dynamic setback temperatures for individual rooms.
To provide additional energy savings, the trio of hotels also elected to include Telkonet’s Green Button, a feature that allows guests to opt-in to energy conservation measures. Pushing the button enables modest adjustments to setback temperatures and length of the Recovery Time.
In 2008, Hilton Worldwide announced that the company intended to reduce energy consumption from direct operations by 20 percent before 2014. Through 2010, Hilton hotels have reduced energy consumption by an average of 6.6
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape