Trio of Chicago Hilton Hotels Pick Telkonet EMS
Three Hilton Worldwide hotels in the Greater Chicago area have upped the ante on their energy efficiency measures by installing EcoSmart energy management systems from Telkonet, featuring Recovery Time technology. Green to Guest, a firm specializing in energy management for the hospitality industry, installed EcoInsight thermostats from Telkonet in 750 rooms at the Hilton Northbrook, the Hilton Lisle/Naperville and the DoubleTree Alsip.
The hotels are expecting to reduce their energy usage by 35 percent.
With the Recovery Time aspect of Telkonet’s technology, there is no fixed setback temperature, which some guests don’t like. Instead the software calculates dynamic setback temperatures for individual rooms.
To provide additional energy savings, the trio of hotels also elected to include Telkonet’s Green Button, a feature that allows guests to opt-in to energy conservation measures. Pushing the button enables modest adjustments to setback temperatures and length of the Recovery Time.
In 2008, Hilton Worldwide announced that the company intended to reduce energy consumption from direct operations by 20 percent before 2014. Through 2010, Hilton hotels have reduced energy consumption by an average of 6.6
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Combined Heat and Power
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management