Trio of Chicago Hilton Hotels Pick Telkonet EMS
Three Hilton Worldwide hotels in the Greater Chicago area have upped the ante on their energy efficiency measures by installing EcoSmart energy management systems from Telkonet, featuring Recovery Time technology. Green to Guest, a firm specializing in energy management for the hospitality industry, installed EcoInsight thermostats from Telkonet in 750 rooms at the Hilton Northbrook, the Hilton Lisle/Naperville and the DoubleTree Alsip.
The hotels are expecting to reduce their energy usage by 35 percent.
With the Recovery Time aspect of Telkonet’s technology, there is no fixed setback temperature, which some guests don’t like. Instead the software calculates dynamic setback temperatures for individual rooms.
To provide additional energy savings, the trio of hotels also elected to include Telkonet’s Green Button, a feature that allows guests to opt-in to energy conservation measures. Pushing the button enables modest adjustments to setback temperatures and length of the Recovery Time.
In 2008, Hilton Worldwide announced that the company intended to reduce energy consumption from direct operations by 20 percent before 2014. Through 2010, Hilton hotels have reduced energy consumption by an average of 6.6
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- The Growing Trend of Sustainability Scorecards
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- EL Insights: Green Plastics
- ISO 50001: Frequently Asked Questions
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- 9 Ways to Reduce Energy Costs
- Best Practice Guide to Maximize ROI of Energy Management Systems
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools - January 2013