TSO Blends Power Management with Intel’s DCM; Enmetric Raises $1.5M
TSO Logic, a developer of energy efficiency software for data centers, formed a relationship with Intel to provide data centers with more visibility into server power costs and usage. TSO Logic’s Application-Aware Power Management will incorporate Intel’s Data Center Manager (DCM) software to communicate with hardware manufacturers, such as IBM and Dell. TSO Logic’s software uses workload and application-level inspection to determine how much a data center’s power is being used for revenue-generating activities versus idle servers. The software then uses algorithms to adjust server power draw based on need and has proven to cut power costs in excess of 50 percent, according to TSO Logic.
Intel DCM opens up an extensive menu of power and thermal control functions from various hardware manufacturers to enhance the agility of TSO Logic’s software. By integrating with Intel’s DCM, TSO Logic supports a broader range of hardware and offers an extended menu of power control features that provide more granular power control functions beyond the traditional on or off modes.
In other news, Enmetric Systems, a provider of plug load management for enterprises, says it has closed on $1.5 million of follow-on financing led by Navitas Capital with participation from new investors including Azure International, Lakewest, (Belgravia Group), and several angel investors. The financing round will accelerate Enmetric’s rollout of its data-driven, plug load management products that enable enterprises to monitor, control and reduce energy use and cost. Chris Raczkowski, managing director of Azure International, will serve on Enmetric’s board of directors as an observer. In addition, Enmetric announced that Steve Capelli, a former president at Sybase, participated in the round, joined its board of directors, and will join the operating team in an advisory role.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers