TSO Blends Power Management with Intel’s DCM; Enmetric Raises $1.5M
TSO Logic, a developer of energy efficiency software for data centers, formed a relationship with Intel to provide data centers with more visibility into server power costs and usage. TSO Logic’s Application-Aware Power Management will incorporate Intel’s Data Center Manager (DCM) software to communicate with hardware manufacturers, such as IBM and Dell. TSO Logic’s software uses workload and application-level inspection to determine how much a data center’s power is being used for revenue-generating activities versus idle servers. The software then uses algorithms to adjust server power draw based on need and has proven to cut power costs in excess of 50 percent, according to TSO Logic.
Intel DCM opens up an extensive menu of power and thermal control functions from various hardware manufacturers to enhance the agility of TSO Logic’s software. By integrating with Intel’s DCM, TSO Logic supports a broader range of hardware and offers an extended menu of power control features that provide more granular power control functions beyond the traditional on or off modes.
In other news, Enmetric Systems, a provider of plug load management for enterprises, says it has closed on $1.5 million of follow-on financing led by Navitas Capital with participation from new investors including Azure International, Lakewest, (Belgravia Group), and several angel investors. The financing round will accelerate Enmetric’s rollout of its data-driven, plug load management products that enable enterprises to monitor, control and reduce energy use and cost. Chris Raczkowski, managing director of Azure International, will serve on Enmetric’s board of directors as an observer. In addition, Enmetric announced that Steve Capelli, a former president at Sybase, participated in the round, joined its board of directors, and will join the operating team in an advisory role.
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement