TSO Blends Power Management with Intel’s DCM; Enmetric Raises $1.5M
TSO Logic, a developer of energy efficiency software for data centers, formed a relationship with Intel to provide data centers with more visibility into server power costs and usage. TSO Logic’s Application-Aware Power Management will incorporate Intel’s Data Center Manager (DCM) software to communicate with hardware manufacturers, such as IBM and Dell. TSO Logic’s software uses workload and application-level inspection to determine how much a data center’s power is being used for revenue-generating activities versus idle servers. The software then uses algorithms to adjust server power draw based on need and has proven to cut power costs in excess of 50 percent, according to TSO Logic.
Intel DCM opens up an extensive menu of power and thermal control functions from various hardware manufacturers to enhance the agility of TSO Logic’s software. By integrating with Intel’s DCM, TSO Logic supports a broader range of hardware and offers an extended menu of power control features that provide more granular power control functions beyond the traditional on or off modes.
In other news, Enmetric Systems, a provider of plug load management for enterprises, says it has closed on $1.5 million of follow-on financing led by Navitas Capital with participation from new investors including Azure International, Lakewest, (Belgravia Group), and several angel investors. The financing round will accelerate Enmetric’s rollout of its data-driven, plug load management products that enable enterprises to monitor, control and reduce energy use and cost. Chris Raczkowski, managing director of Azure International, will serve on Enmetric’s board of directors as an observer. In addition, Enmetric announced that Steve Capelli, a former president at Sybase, participated in the round, joined its board of directors, and will join the operating team in an advisory role.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape