TSO Blends Power Management with Intel’s DCM; Enmetric Raises $1.5M
TSO Logic, a developer of energy efficiency software for data centers, formed a relationship with Intel to provide data centers with more visibility into server power costs and usage. TSO Logic’s Application-Aware Power Management will incorporate Intel’s Data Center Manager (DCM) software to communicate with hardware manufacturers, such as IBM and Dell. TSO Logic’s software uses workload and application-level inspection to determine how much a data center’s power is being used for revenue-generating activities versus idle servers. The software then uses algorithms to adjust server power draw based on need and has proven to cut power costs in excess of 50 percent, according to TSO Logic.
Intel DCM opens up an extensive menu of power and thermal control functions from various hardware manufacturers to enhance the agility of TSO Logic’s software. By integrating with Intel’s DCM, TSO Logic supports a broader range of hardware and offers an extended menu of power control features that provide more granular power control functions beyond the traditional on or off modes.
In other news, Enmetric Systems, a provider of plug load management for enterprises, says it has closed on $1.5 million of follow-on financing led by Navitas Capital with participation from new investors including Azure International, Lakewest, (Belgravia Group), and several angel investors. The financing round will accelerate Enmetric’s rollout of its data-driven, plug load management products that enable enterprises to monitor, control and reduce energy use and cost. Chris Raczkowski, managing director of Azure International, will serve on Enmetric’s board of directors as an observer. In addition, Enmetric announced that Steve Capelli, a former president at Sybase, participated in the round, joined its board of directors, and will join the operating team in an advisory role.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts