TSO Blends Power Management with Intel’s DCM; Enmetric Raises $1.5M
TSO Logic, a developer of energy efficiency software for data centers, formed a relationship with Intel to provide data centers with more visibility into server power costs and usage. TSO Logic’s Application-Aware Power Management will incorporate Intel’s Data Center Manager (DCM) software to communicate with hardware manufacturers, such as IBM and Dell. TSO Logic’s software uses workload and application-level inspection to determine how much a data center’s power is being used for revenue-generating activities versus idle servers. The software then uses algorithms to adjust server power draw based on need and has proven to cut power costs in excess of 50 percent, according to TSO Logic.
Intel DCM opens up an extensive menu of power and thermal control functions from various hardware manufacturers to enhance the agility of TSO Logic’s software. By integrating with Intel’s DCM, TSO Logic supports a broader range of hardware and offers an extended menu of power control features that provide more granular power control functions beyond the traditional on or off modes.
In other news, Enmetric Systems, a provider of plug load management for enterprises, says it has closed on $1.5 million of follow-on financing led by Navitas Capital with participation from new investors including Azure International, Lakewest, (Belgravia Group), and several angel investors. The financing round will accelerate Enmetric’s rollout of its data-driven, plug load management products that enable enterprises to monitor, control and reduce energy use and cost. Chris Raczkowski, managing director of Azure International, will serve on Enmetric’s board of directors as an observer. In addition, Enmetric announced that Steve Capelli, a former president at Sybase, participated in the round, joined its board of directors, and will join the operating team in an advisory role.
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies