Tubular Heat Exchanger Now Standard in Trane’s Expanse Unit Heaters
Trane upgraded and expanded its Expanse unit heater product line. The redesigned gas unit heaters now feature a tubular heat exchanger, standard on most models.
Trane says single piece construction is the key advantage tubular heat exchangers have over conventional clamshell models. The tubular design provides uniform, maximized heat transfer for increased efficiency and has a low-pressure drop, which enables heated air to be evenly distributed.
The tubular heat exchanger improvement provides operating efficiencies up to 82 percent for duct furnaces and up to 83 percent for unit heaters, says Trane.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection