Turkey Farm Installs 179 Biomass Boilers
British turkey producer Bernard Matthews hired Lumicity to roll out 179 biomass boilers at 21 of its turkey farms in Norfolk, Suffolk, and Lincolnshire. The dry heat biomass systems will improve circulation of heat and reduce ventilation requirements.
Lumicity identified the sites, designed the project, advised Bernard Matthews through the process of tendering and negotiating, and introduced financing. Lumicity will continue to manage the project for the next 20 years, according to a posting on the company’s website.
Lumicity secured funding for the project from the UK Green Investment Bank (GIB) via its Energy Saving Investments (ESI) fund. GIB is the cornerstone investor in the Equitix managed ESI fund, which is investing $19.8 million in the project. This mobilizes an additional $20 million of additional private sector capital, from the Equitix Energy Efficiency Fund.
Bernard Matthews already generates energy solar and wind and with the addition of biomass boilers the company will be generating 100 percent of its energy from renewables by 2016.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape