Turkey Farm Installs 179 Biomass Boilers
British turkey producer Bernard Matthews hired Lumicity to roll out 179 biomass boilers at 21 of its turkey farms in Norfolk, Suffolk, and Lincolnshire. The dry heat biomass systems will improve circulation of heat and reduce ventilation requirements.
Lumicity identified the sites, designed the project, advised Bernard Matthews through the process of tendering and negotiating, and introduced financing. Lumicity will continue to manage the project for the next 20 years, according to a posting on the company’s website.
Lumicity secured funding for the project from the UK Green Investment Bank (GIB) via its Energy Saving Investments (ESI) fund. GIB is the cornerstone investor in the Equitix managed ESI fund, which is investing $19.8 million in the project. This mobilizes an additional $20 million of additional private sector capital, from the Equitix Energy Efficiency Fund.
Bernard Matthews already generates energy solar and wind and with the addition of biomass boilers the company will be generating 100 percent of its energy from renewables by 2016.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Combined Heat and Power