Two Far Flung Data Centers Demo Load Management
Power Assure and RagingWire Data Centers will conduct a live demonstration of Power Assure’s Software Defined Power Solution at the 2013 Gartner Data Center Conference in Las Vegas next week.
Power Assure will show application load resource matching and dynamic application load shifting between RagingWire’s datacenters in Sacramento, Calif., and Ashburn, Va,, some 2,350 miles apart, with zero impact on users or application service levels.
The demonstration will show how, once configured with the service level and other application requirements, Software Defined Power continuously and automatically optimizes resource levels, both within and between data centers. Integral to its design, Software Defined Power enables multiple opportunities to realize power cost savings, including power cost arbitration between Power Assure and RagingWire sites, avoidance of peak rates, the ability to participate in utility demand response programs, and avoidance of excess demand charges. Additionally, Software Defined Power includes verification features that continuously test disaster recovery procedures.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room