Two Far Flung Data Centers Demo Load Management
Power Assure and RagingWire Data Centers will conduct a live demonstration of Power Assure’s Software Defined Power Solution at the 2013 Gartner Data Center Conference in Las Vegas next week.
Power Assure will show application load resource matching and dynamic application load shifting between RagingWire’s datacenters in Sacramento, Calif., and Ashburn, Va,, some 2,350 miles apart, with zero impact on users or application service levels.
The demonstration will show how, once configured with the service level and other application requirements, Software Defined Power continuously and automatically optimizes resource levels, both within and between data centers. Integral to its design, Software Defined Power enables multiple opportunities to realize power cost savings, including power cost arbitration between Power Assure and RagingWire sites, avoidance of peak rates, the ability to participate in utility demand response programs, and avoidance of excess demand charges. Additionally, Software Defined Power includes verification features that continuously test disaster recovery procedures.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing