Two Far Flung Data Centers Demo Load Management
Power Assure and RagingWire Data Centers will conduct a live demonstration of Power Assure’s Software Defined Power Solution at the 2013 Gartner Data Center Conference in Las Vegas next week.
Power Assure will show application load resource matching and dynamic application load shifting between RagingWire’s datacenters in Sacramento, Calif., and Ashburn, Va,, some 2,350 miles apart, with zero impact on users or application service levels.
The demonstration will show how, once configured with the service level and other application requirements, Software Defined Power continuously and automatically optimizes resource levels, both within and between data centers. Integral to its design, Software Defined Power enables multiple opportunities to realize power cost savings, including power cost arbitration between Power Assure and RagingWire sites, avoidance of peak rates, the ability to participate in utility demand response programs, and avoidance of excess demand charges. Additionally, Software Defined Power includes verification features that continuously test disaster recovery procedures.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings