Two Insurance Companies Install Solar
Springfield, Ohio-based Assurant Specialty Property dedicated (pictured) its new $7 million solar facility, which will produce more than 1.9 million kWh annually – making it the Springfield-Dayton area’s largest solar installation. The 1.76 MW solar array comprises 6,200 solar panels installed on the insurance company’s campus rooftops and on 15 new parking canopies. The system was designed and constructed by Third Sun Solar of Athens, Ohio. Tangent Energy Solutions will operate the array, owned by LCP Solar Development I, and managed by Laurel Capital Partners.
Aetna has installed a new solar panel field in Windsor, Conn., consisting of 975 panels with an annual capacity of 268,000 kW, which will “power a major portion of the Aetna facility,” according to the company. The solar installation was built on a previously unused 56,000-sq-foot grass field. Aetna says that in addition to solar, it has also reduced its electrical consumption by 14 million kWh since 2010 through energy-saving efforts across the company.
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book