Two Insurance Companies Install Solar
Springfield, Ohio-based Assurant Specialty Property dedicated (pictured) its new $7 million solar facility, which will produce more than 1.9 million kWh annually – making it the Springfield-Dayton area’s largest solar installation. The 1.76 MW solar array comprises 6,200 solar panels installed on the insurance company’s campus rooftops and on 15 new parking canopies. The system was designed and constructed by Third Sun Solar of Athens, Ohio. Tangent Energy Solutions will operate the array, owned by LCP Solar Development I, and managed by Laurel Capital Partners.
Aetna has installed a new solar panel field in Windsor, Conn., consisting of 975 panels with an annual capacity of 268,000 kW, which will “power a major portion of the Aetna facility,” according to the company. The solar installation was built on a previously unused 56,000-sq-foot grass field. Aetna says that in addition to solar, it has also reduced its electrical consumption by 14 million kWh since 2010 through energy-saving efforts across the company.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement