Two Insurance Companies Install Solar
Springfield, Ohio-based Assurant Specialty Property dedicated (pictured) its new $7 million solar facility, which will produce more than 1.9 million kWh annually – making it the Springfield-Dayton area’s largest solar installation. The 1.76 MW solar array comprises 6,200 solar panels installed on the insurance company’s campus rooftops and on 15 new parking canopies. The system was designed and constructed by Third Sun Solar of Athens, Ohio. Tangent Energy Solutions will operate the array, owned by LCP Solar Development I, and managed by Laurel Capital Partners.
Aetna has installed a new solar panel field in Windsor, Conn., consisting of 975 panels with an annual capacity of 268,000 kW, which will “power a major portion of the Aetna facility,” according to the company. The solar installation was built on a previously unused 56,000-sq-foot grass field. Aetna says that in addition to solar, it has also reduced its electrical consumption by 14 million kWh since 2010 through energy-saving efforts across the company.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide