Two New Certifications for HVAC Equipment
The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) has two new certification programs: Central Station Air-handling Unit Casings (AHUC) and Liquid-to-Liquid Brazed & Fusion Bonded Plate Heat Exchangers (LLBF).
The two new programs join AHRI’s 41 other programs, all of which verify the performance ratings for more than 40 product categories by independently verifying manufacturers’ performance ratings for a variety of equipment.
AHRI Standards 1350 (I-P) and 1351 (SI), Mechanical Performance Rating of Central Station Air-handling Unit Casings, will serve as the rating standards for the new AHUC certification program, which will verify casing deflection and casing air leakage and has the option of verifying thermal transmittance with leakage, thermal transmittance without leakage, and thermal bridging.
Products tested in the LLBF certification program are rated to AHRI Standard 400, Liquid-to-Liquid Heat Exchangers, and applies to production models of brazed and fusion bonded plate-type heat exchangers with heat duty up to 16 million Btu/h and flow rates up to 1,200 GPM, utilizing water and/or sea water as fluids and utilized in heating, cooling, and district energy HVAC applications.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles