Qatar Data Center Hires CommScope
CommScope was chosen to partner with Ooredoo at its Qatar data center to implement intelligent LED lighting and infrastructure.
The Redwood lighting software from CommScope enables Ooredoo to individually address, monitor and manage the lighting of the data center. Redwood fixtures and sensors are individually addressable. This design allows a single user to create zones and policies to achieve energy reduction in accordance with the organization’s sustainability goals. The sensor network enables Ooredoo to monitor the temperature, security, occupancy and energy usage of the lighting infrastructure.
With this implementation, Ooredoo says its data center is believed to be the first tier 3 data center in the Gulf Cooperation Council to deploy smart LED lighting.
CommScope’s imVision connectivity management system integrates with Ooredoo’s process flow and business continuity policies specific to the network management, operational, active directory and data center infrastructure management (DCIM). This integration provides a real-time physical connectivity guide for all networking and server hardware, as well as virtual servers.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash