UC Berkeley, MIT Launch Energy Efficiency Research Project
Researchers from UC Berkeley and MIT have launched the E2e Project, an energy efficiency research project that aims to evaluate energy efficiency policies and technologies and open up the economic insights on energy efficiency.
The universities said that the program goal is to support and conduct objective research, and communicate their results to decision-makers.
The project is a joint initiative of the Energy Institute at Haas and MIT’s Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEPR), an affiliate of MITEI. The group’s motivations for studying energy efficiency are derived from the McKinsey Curve – a cost curve that shows that reducing emissions pays for itself.
As one facet of the project, the researchers currently are tracking consumers’ vehicle purchasing decisions to learn if better information about a car’s fuel economy will influence the purchase of more fuel-efficient vehicles.
Other initial projects include evaluating the Federal Weatherization Assistance Program and determining why households invest in energy efficiency and the returns on those investments.
The E2e Project, which is funded with a grant from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, seeks to answer questions such as:
- Are consumers and businesses bypassing profitable opportunities to reduce their energy consumption?
- What are the most effective ways to encourage individuals and businesses to invest in energy efficiency?
- Are current energy-efficiency programs providing the most savings?
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity