UC San Diego Nets $7.2 Million in Energy Efficiency Incentives
San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) presented the University of California San Diego with a $7.2 million check representing energy efficiency incentives earned through implementation of 30 energy efficiency projects from 2010 to 2012. The total amount includes incentives earned by UC San Diego for energy efficiency efforts in 2010 ($330,000), 2011 ($2.5 million) and 2012 ($4.4 million).
Through the 30 projects implemented during the three-year period, UC San Diego has saved more than 21 million kWh and 2.1 million therms and has reduced more than 2 MW of demand.
UC San Diego was recently honored as the Grand Champion in SDG&E’s Energy Champion awards for implementing energy-efficiency measures to optimize energy performance across the campus.
Optimizing facilities is a high priority at UC San Diego, with all new construction targeting LEED Silver certification or higher. The campus is already home to 14 buildings that have met this certification. Renewable energy sources are also a critical component in the UC San Diego campus infrastructure.
UC San Diego and SDG&E are partners through the University of California/California State University/Investor Owned Utility Energy Efficiency Partnership program (UC/CSU/IOU Energy Efficiency Partnership) – a statewide program that includes the 33 UC and CSU campuses served by the four California investor-owned utilities. The partnership aims to achieve cost-effective, immediate and persistent peak energy savings support for campuses in completing energy efficiency projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The utilities work with campuses to achieve goals of the UC Sustainability Policy and UC San Diego’s Climate Action Plan.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room