Utica East Ohio Procures Energy for Gas Processing
Utica East Ohio Midstream has secured more than 630 million kWh of electricity for one year from First Energy, for UEO’s new gas-processing plant in Kensington, Ohio, and its new natural gas liquids fractionation, storage and rail terminal at Scio, Ohio. Energy management services firm World Energy Solutions assisted in the transaction.
UEO is a joint venture between M3 Ohio Gathering, Access Midstream and EV Energy Partners and says it is one of the largest integrated midstream service complexes in eastern Ohio. The UEO complex currently includes 800 million cubic feet per day of natural gas processing and associated NGL fractionation, loading and terminal facilities.
UEO says it started to assess its power needs in late 2012. The company’s key criteria for its electricity supplier included competitive pricing, strong ties to Ohio and a significant employee presence in the state.
Recently Hudson Energy, a business-to-business supplier of electric and natural gas commodities in North America, joins a long list of electricity suppliers in Ohio, a deregulated utility market.
Want to learn more about energy procurement? Join Energy Manager Today and Hess for a free energy management webinar, What Energy Managers Need to Know about Procuring Natural Gas, today at 11am PDT/2pm EDT.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing