Utica East Ohio Procures Energy for Gas Processing
Utica East Ohio Midstream has secured more than 630 million kWh of electricity for one year from First Energy, for UEO’s new gas-processing plant in Kensington, Ohio, and its new natural gas liquids fractionation, storage and rail terminal at Scio, Ohio. Energy management services firm World Energy Solutions assisted in the transaction.
UEO is a joint venture between M3 Ohio Gathering, Access Midstream and EV Energy Partners and says it is one of the largest integrated midstream service complexes in eastern Ohio. The UEO complex currently includes 800 million cubic feet per day of natural gas processing and associated NGL fractionation, loading and terminal facilities.
UEO says it started to assess its power needs in late 2012. The company’s key criteria for its electricity supplier included competitive pricing, strong ties to Ohio and a significant employee presence in the state.
Recently Hudson Energy, a business-to-business supplier of electric and natural gas commodities in North America, joins a long list of electricity suppliers in Ohio, a deregulated utility market.
Want to learn more about energy procurement? Join Energy Manager Today and Hess for a free energy management webinar, What Energy Managers Need to Know about Procuring Natural Gas, today at 11am PDT/2pm EDT.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management