UK Claims World Leadership in Offshore Wind
The UK Government says as of January 2014, it is the clear world leader in deployed offshore wind energy with some 3.6 GW of installed operating capacity and a further 1.4 GW under construction. Over one thousand offshore wind turbines have been installed.
Continuing to maximize the economic benefit from offshore wind is a key priority for the UK Government, reveals the Offshore Wind Programme Board (OWPB) annual report.
The UK’s Department of Energy & Climate Change and industry have set out a plan to continue to be the largest global market for offshore wind, with the scenarios published enabling deployment of 8-15 GW by 2020, and up to 41 GW by 2030.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity