UK Claims World Leadership in Offshore Wind
The UK Government says as of January 2014, it is the clear world leader in deployed offshore wind energy with some 3.6 GW of installed operating capacity and a further 1.4 GW under construction. Over one thousand offshore wind turbines have been installed.
Continuing to maximize the economic benefit from offshore wind is a key priority for the UK Government, reveals the Offshore Wind Programme Board (OWPB) annual report.
The UK’s Department of Energy & Climate Change and industry have set out a plan to continue to be the largest global market for offshore wind, with the scenarios published enabling deployment of 8-15 GW by 2020, and up to 41 GW by 2030.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management