UK Claims World Leadership in Offshore Wind
The UK Government says as of January 2014, it is the clear world leader in deployed offshore wind energy with some 3.6 GW of installed operating capacity and a further 1.4 GW under construction. Over one thousand offshore wind turbines have been installed.
Continuing to maximize the economic benefit from offshore wind is a key priority for the UK Government, reveals the Offshore Wind Programme Board (OWPB) annual report.
The UK’s Department of Energy & Climate Change and industry have set out a plan to continue to be the largest global market for offshore wind, with the scenarios published enabling deployment of 8-15 GW by 2020, and up to 41 GW by 2030.
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement