UK Claims World Leadership in Offshore Wind
The UK Government says as of January 2014, it is the clear world leader in deployed offshore wind energy with some 3.6 GW of installed operating capacity and a further 1.4 GW under construction. Over one thousand offshore wind turbines have been installed.
Continuing to maximize the economic benefit from offshore wind is a key priority for the UK Government, reveals the Offshore Wind Programme Board (OWPB) annual report.
The UK’s Department of Energy & Climate Change and industry have set out a plan to continue to be the largest global market for offshore wind, with the scenarios published enabling deployment of 8-15 GW by 2020, and up to 41 GW by 2030.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- There’s Money in the Trash
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management