UK Makes Push for Onsite Solar Generation
The UK’s Energy Minister outlined a Solar Strategy in which the government will promote “solar hubs” at factories and other large buildings as well as parking lots. The government wants to move the emphasis for growth away from large solar farms and instead focus on opening up the solar market for the UK’s estimated 250,000 hectares of south facing commercial rooftops.
In a further initiative, the UK’s Department for Education is working on ways to improve energy efficiency across the 22,000 schools in England to reduce their annual energy spend of $830 million. The initiative will encourage the deployment of PV on schools alongside promoting energy efficiency.
The government is leading by example and aims to turn its buildings and brownfield sites into power stations by installing solar PV on its estate.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- The Sustainable Edge™