UK Makes Push for Onsite Solar Generation
The UK’s Energy Minister outlined a Solar Strategy in which the government will promote “solar hubs” at factories and other large buildings as well as parking lots. The government wants to move the emphasis for growth away from large solar farms and instead focus on opening up the solar market for the UK’s estimated 250,000 hectares of south facing commercial rooftops.
In a further initiative, the UK’s Department for Education is working on ways to improve energy efficiency across the 22,000 schools in England to reduce their annual energy spend of $830 million. The initiative will encourage the deployment of PV on schools alongside promoting energy efficiency.
The government is leading by example and aims to turn its buildings and brownfield sites into power stations by installing solar PV on its estate.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management