UK Makes Push for Onsite Solar Generation
The UK’s Energy Minister outlined a Solar Strategy in which the government will promote “solar hubs” at factories and other large buildings as well as parking lots. The government wants to move the emphasis for growth away from large solar farms and instead focus on opening up the solar market for the UK’s estimated 250,000 hectares of south facing commercial rooftops.
In a further initiative, the UK’s Department for Education is working on ways to improve energy efficiency across the 22,000 schools in England to reduce their annual energy spend of $830 million. The initiative will encourage the deployment of PV on schools alongside promoting energy efficiency.
The government is leading by example and aims to turn its buildings and brownfield sites into power stations by installing solar PV on its estate.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book