UK Manufacturers Gain Competitive Advantage through Energy Management
Siemens recently surveyed 600 leaders and energy managers from UK manufacturing companies across all major sectors and found that more than two-thirds are planning to increase their investment in energy management during the next 12 months. Control Engineering reported the results of the survey on its website.
Manufacturers are expected to invest largely in renewable and self-generation technologies, the survey found. The majority of manufacturers said they had a dedicated senior-level energy manager on staff; 70 percent said they have a formal energy-management strategy in place for the year ahead; and nearly 75 percent said they have a plan in place to manage energy price risk.
Although nearly three quarters of UK manufacturers said they had achieved beneficial bottom line results due to energy efficiency endeavors, there are still some perceived barriers such as budgetary constraints, manpower and concerns about ROI. Siemens said that as more manufacturers are educated about the bottom-line benefits of energy-efficiency initiatives and as flexible financing options grow, these barriers will eventually be overcome.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management