UK Manufacturers Gain Competitive Advantage through Energy Management
Siemens recently surveyed 600 leaders and energy managers from UK manufacturing companies across all major sectors and found that more than two-thirds are planning to increase their investment in energy management during the next 12 months. Control Engineering reported the results of the survey on its website.
Manufacturers are expected to invest largely in renewable and self-generation technologies, the survey found. The majority of manufacturers said they had a dedicated senior-level energy manager on staff; 70 percent said they have a formal energy-management strategy in place for the year ahead; and nearly 75 percent said they have a plan in place to manage energy price risk.
Although nearly three quarters of UK manufacturers said they had achieved beneficial bottom line results due to energy efficiency endeavors, there are still some perceived barriers such as budgetary constraints, manpower and concerns about ROI. Siemens said that as more manufacturers are educated about the bottom-line benefits of energy-efficiency initiatives and as flexible financing options grow, these barriers will eventually be overcome.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Integrated Building Optimization
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement