UL Touts Certification Program for LED Drivers
Underwriter’s Laboratory introduced the Type TL Program, a set of certification guidelines designed to help LED luminaire manufacturers more easily source alternate LED drivers.
LED drivers, electrical devices that regulate power to an LED or string of LEDs, are often designed with varying constructions and are tested in a variety of ways. UL’s Type TL Program creates a set of evaluation and testing guidelines to allow for more standardized LED driver constructions and ratings, offering benefits, including:
-LED luminaire manufacturers may select LED drivers for new designs that have the desired parameters and limit the level of evaluation of the LED driver during evaluation of the LED luminaire.
-LED luminaire manufacturers may identify a substitute LED driver, while maintaining an equivalent level of safety, with limited or no evaluation of the LED luminaire.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management