UL Touts Certification Program for LED Drivers
Underwriter’s Laboratory introduced the Type TL Program, a set of certification guidelines designed to help LED luminaire manufacturers more easily source alternate LED drivers.
LED drivers, electrical devices that regulate power to an LED or string of LEDs, are often designed with varying constructions and are tested in a variety of ways. UL’s Type TL Program creates a set of evaluation and testing guidelines to allow for more standardized LED driver constructions and ratings, offering benefits, including:
-LED luminaire manufacturers may select LED drivers for new designs that have the desired parameters and limit the level of evaluation of the LED driver during evaluation of the LED luminaire.
-LED luminaire manufacturers may identify a substitute LED driver, while maintaining an equivalent level of safety, with limited or no evaluation of the LED luminaire.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year