UL Touts Certification Program for LED Drivers
Underwriter’s Laboratory introduced the Type TL Program, a set of certification guidelines designed to help LED luminaire manufacturers more easily source alternate LED drivers.
LED drivers, electrical devices that regulate power to an LED or string of LEDs, are often designed with varying constructions and are tested in a variety of ways. UL’s Type TL Program creates a set of evaluation and testing guidelines to allow for more standardized LED driver constructions and ratings, offering benefits, including:
-LED luminaire manufacturers may select LED drivers for new designs that have the desired parameters and limit the level of evaluation of the LED driver during evaluation of the LED luminaire.
-LED luminaire manufacturers may identify a substitute LED driver, while maintaining an equivalent level of safety, with limited or no evaluation of the LED luminaire.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers