UL Touts Certification Program for LED Drivers
Underwriter’s Laboratory introduced the Type TL Program, a set of certification guidelines designed to help LED luminaire manufacturers more easily source alternate LED drivers.
LED drivers, electrical devices that regulate power to an LED or string of LEDs, are often designed with varying constructions and are tested in a variety of ways. UL’s Type TL Program creates a set of evaluation and testing guidelines to allow for more standardized LED driver constructions and ratings, offering benefits, including:
-LED luminaire manufacturers may select LED drivers for new designs that have the desired parameters and limit the level of evaluation of the LED driver during evaluation of the LED luminaire.
-LED luminaire manufacturers may identify a substitute LED driver, while maintaining an equivalent level of safety, with limited or no evaluation of the LED luminaire.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management