UL Touts Certification Program for LED Drivers
Underwriter’s Laboratory introduced the Type TL Program, a set of certification guidelines designed to help LED luminaire manufacturers more easily source alternate LED drivers.
LED drivers, electrical devices that regulate power to an LED or string of LEDs, are often designed with varying constructions and are tested in a variety of ways. UL’s Type TL Program creates a set of evaluation and testing guidelines to allow for more standardized LED driver constructions and ratings, offering benefits, including:
-LED luminaire manufacturers may select LED drivers for new designs that have the desired parameters and limit the level of evaluation of the LED driver during evaluation of the LED luminaire.
-LED luminaire manufacturers may identify a substitute LED driver, while maintaining an equivalent level of safety, with limited or no evaluation of the LED luminaire.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement