UL Touts Certification Program for LED Drivers
Underwriter’s Laboratory introduced the Type TL Program, a set of certification guidelines designed to help LED luminaire manufacturers more easily source alternate LED drivers.
LED drivers, electrical devices that regulate power to an LED or string of LEDs, are often designed with varying constructions and are tested in a variety of ways. UL’s Type TL Program creates a set of evaluation and testing guidelines to allow for more standardized LED driver constructions and ratings, offering benefits, including:
-LED luminaire manufacturers may select LED drivers for new designs that have the desired parameters and limit the level of evaluation of the LED driver during evaluation of the LED luminaire.
-LED luminaire manufacturers may identify a substitute LED driver, while maintaining an equivalent level of safety, with limited or no evaluation of the LED luminaire.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards