UL Touts Certification Program for LED Drivers
Underwriter’s Laboratory introduced the Type TL Program, a set of certification guidelines designed to help LED luminaire manufacturers more easily source alternate LED drivers.
LED drivers, electrical devices that regulate power to an LED or string of LEDs, are often designed with varying constructions and are tested in a variety of ways. UL’s Type TL Program creates a set of evaluation and testing guidelines to allow for more standardized LED driver constructions and ratings, offering benefits, including:
-LED luminaire manufacturers may select LED drivers for new designs that have the desired parameters and limit the level of evaluation of the LED driver during evaluation of the LED luminaire.
-LED luminaire manufacturers may identify a substitute LED driver, while maintaining an equivalent level of safety, with limited or no evaluation of the LED luminaire.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards