UL Touts Certification Program for LED Drivers
Underwriter’s Laboratory introduced the Type TL Program, a set of certification guidelines designed to help LED luminaire manufacturers more easily source alternate LED drivers.
LED drivers, electrical devices that regulate power to an LED or string of LEDs, are often designed with varying constructions and are tested in a variety of ways. UL’s Type TL Program creates a set of evaluation and testing guidelines to allow for more standardized LED driver constructions and ratings, offering benefits, including:
-LED luminaire manufacturers may select LED drivers for new designs that have the desired parameters and limit the level of evaluation of the LED driver during evaluation of the LED luminaire.
-LED luminaire manufacturers may identify a substitute LED driver, while maintaining an equivalent level of safety, with limited or no evaluation of the LED luminaire.
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Combined Heat and Power
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide