UL Touts Certification Program for LED Drivers
Underwriter’s Laboratory introduced the Type TL Program, a set of certification guidelines designed to help LED luminaire manufacturers more easily source alternate LED drivers.
LED drivers, electrical devices that regulate power to an LED or string of LEDs, are often designed with varying constructions and are tested in a variety of ways. UL’s Type TL Program creates a set of evaluation and testing guidelines to allow for more standardized LED driver constructions and ratings, offering benefits, including:
-LED luminaire manufacturers may select LED drivers for new designs that have the desired parameters and limit the level of evaluation of the LED driver during evaluation of the LED luminaire.
-LED luminaire manufacturers may identify a substitute LED driver, while maintaining an equivalent level of safety, with limited or no evaluation of the LED luminaire.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management