UL Touts Certification Program for LED Drivers
Underwriter’s Laboratory introduced the Type TL Program, a set of certification guidelines designed to help LED luminaire manufacturers more easily source alternate LED drivers.
LED drivers, electrical devices that regulate power to an LED or string of LEDs, are often designed with varying constructions and are tested in a variety of ways. UL’s Type TL Program creates a set of evaluation and testing guidelines to allow for more standardized LED driver constructions and ratings, offering benefits, including:
-LED luminaire manufacturers may select LED drivers for new designs that have the desired parameters and limit the level of evaluation of the LED driver during evaluation of the LED luminaire.
-LED luminaire manufacturers may identify a substitute LED driver, while maintaining an equivalent level of safety, with limited or no evaluation of the LED luminaire.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions