UL Touts Certification Program for LED Drivers
Underwriter’s Laboratory introduced the Type TL Program, a set of certification guidelines designed to help LED luminaire manufacturers more easily source alternate LED drivers.
LED drivers, electrical devices that regulate power to an LED or string of LEDs, are often designed with varying constructions and are tested in a variety of ways. UL’s Type TL Program creates a set of evaluation and testing guidelines to allow for more standardized LED driver constructions and ratings, offering benefits, including:
-LED luminaire manufacturers may select LED drivers for new designs that have the desired parameters and limit the level of evaluation of the LED driver during evaluation of the LED luminaire.
-LED luminaire manufacturers may identify a substitute LED driver, while maintaining an equivalent level of safety, with limited or no evaluation of the LED luminaire.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy