Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
Uline, a distributor of shipping and packaging materials to businesses, is Plug Power’s newest GenKey customer.
The initial deployment of GenDrive units will be powering the forklift fleet at one of Uline’s distribution centers in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin. Additionally, Uline will deploy a second fleet of GenDrive-powered lift trucks into a newly constructed facility in the coming months. Uline distributes from twelve branches located across the US, Canada and Mexico.
Uline will operate more than 130 GenDrive units between the two facilities. Additionally, Plug Power will expand the existing GenFuel liquid system used for the currently operational pilot in Pleasant Prairie into a full liquid system including eight dispensers.
This infrastructure leverages Plug Power’s new GenFuel construction process where a significant portion of the hydrogen infrastructure is built onsite at Plug Power’s facility and shipped to the site for installation.
By implementing the hydrogen and fuel cell solution, Uline will require a fraction of the floor space of a traditional battery handling system and hydrogen fuel cells emit only heat and water as emissions.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year