UMass Taps Aircuity for Lab Ventilation
Aircuity has been awarded an energy retrofit contract to provide laboratory ventilation to the Lazare Medical Research Facility on the University of Massachusetts Medical School campus in Worcester, Mass.
The project is expected to lower the energy usage throughout the facility while maintaining a comfortable workspace by continually monitoring the building’s indoor environmental quality.
The Lazare energy project will involve the installation of Aircuity in the lab areas on all floors of the facility and is expected to be completed in about six months. Partial funding for the project is being provided through utility incentive programs from National Grid and NSTAR.
The medical school’s energy strategy includes a focus on making existing buildings more energy efficient, building new facilities to be green and efficient, and utilizing more efficient power generation for the campus. The Lazare Medical Research facility is the second campus building to incorporate Aircuity’s demand control ventilation product. The newly constructed Albert Sherman Center, which achieved LEED Gold certification, was the first Aircuity installation on campus.
In August, Appalachian State University announced plans to to implement Aircuity’s HVAC energy efficiency products in three science facilities on its Boone, NC, campus as part of a larger energy services contract with Pepco Energy Services.
Aircuity’s installation within the laboratories and other variable occupancy areas of the buildings will help drive energy savings through optimizing the ventilation rates. Energy savings in both lab and non-lab areas are expected to exceed 1 GWh of electricity annually.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Combined Heat and Power
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management