UN Partners Create Asia-Pacific Energy Hub
A new regional hub launched in Manila, Philippines, will focus on mobilizing investment in clean energy in Asia and the Pacific. The Asia-Pacific Sustainable Energy for All hub will gather governments, investors, innovators and experts to find ways and means for bringing energy to more than 600 million in this region who live without electricity and 1.8 billion who lack access to clean cooking and heating energy.
The new hub is a partnership of the Asian Development Bank (ADB), which will manage and host it, the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP).
It is one of the three regional hubs under the global Sustainable Energy for All Initiative set up by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon. The three hubs are Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. The hubs have three targets to be met by 2030: universal access to modern energy services; double the annual global rate of improvement in energy efficiency; and double the share of renewable energy.
The International Energy Agency estimates that Asia and the Pacific will need investments of more than $200 billion to provide full access to energy by 2030.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement