Underground Greenhouse Selects Valoya’s LED Lights
A London-based producer of leafy greens – Growing Underground – has selected Valoya’s LED lights for its multi-layer, underground production facility. Growing Underground will start production of leafy greens, such as lettuce, cress, herbs and a variety of micro-greens 108 feet under South London. The production space is located in a disused air-raid shelter in Clapham North.
The plants are grown hydroponically in a system of shelves stacked on top of each other using LED light.
Valoya says its energy efficient LED grow lights for commercial use have been developed using its proprietary LED technology and extensive plant photobiology research.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection