Underground Power Cable Blocks Water
Hendrix/Kerite Cable says its DUAL BLOCKÔ product provides a dual water blocking capability on Hendrix primary underground cable.
Water is one of the enemies of long-life in primary cable as water entering the cable core can lead to premature failure. Hendrix DUAL BLOCKÔ helps prevent this from occurring via a fill compound that is continuously applied into the conductor interstices. This prevents longitudinal water migration. Secondly, a water-swellable powder is applied under the polyethylene jacket. This prevents water from migrating along the neutral wires, under the jacket.
DUAL BLOCKÔ is an option for all stranded conductor Hendrix cables.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation