University of Alberta Taps Aircuity for Lab Ventilation
Airside efficiency company Aircuity’s Western Canadian representative Aqua Air Systems has been awarded a five-year contract with the University of Alberta to install Aircuity products in at least three buildings on campus.
The Katz Group Centre, the Li Ka Shing Centre for Health Research Innovation, and the Centennial Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences are all slated for Aircuity installations. Additional building projects may be added during the contract term.
The award to Aqua Air Systems includes design, installation, startup and service of Aircuity’s OptiNet facility monitoring system to implement demand control ventilation and indoor environmental quality monitoring .
OptiNet will be implemented within the laboratories and other variable occupancy areas of the buildings and will aim to drive energy savings by optimizing the ventilation rates. OptiNet continuously monitors critical indoor parameters, lowering the ventilation when the air is clean and increasing fresh air when lab activity or building occupancy levels rise.
Aircuity Advisor Services will be used to help in the continuous commissioning of these spaces and to proactively manage the labs. The university can also use this data to track air flow and its associated energy use, which will help to ensure that the maximum energy savings are being achieved in these spaces, Aircuity says.
Aircuity has in the last 18 months installed it products in lab facilities at at least three other universities.
In January 2013, Arizona State University received LEED Gold certification for its new science building, which features Aircuity demand control ventilation systems.
In August. Appalachian State University contracted Aircuity to install energy efficient HVAC products in three science facilities on its Boone, N.C., campus.
In October, the company won a retrofit contract to provide laboratory ventilation to the Lazare Medical Research Facility on the University of Massachusetts Medical School campus in Worcester, Mass.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Integrated Building Optimization
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement