University of Alberta Taps Aircuity for Lab Ventilation
Airside efficiency company Aircuity’s Western Canadian representative Aqua Air Systems has been awarded a five-year contract with the University of Alberta to install Aircuity products in at least three buildings on campus.
The Katz Group Centre, the Li Ka Shing Centre for Health Research Innovation, and the Centennial Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences are all slated for Aircuity installations. Additional building projects may be added during the contract term.
The award to Aqua Air Systems includes design, installation, startup and service of Aircuity’s OptiNet facility monitoring system to implement demand control ventilation and indoor environmental quality monitoring .
OptiNet will be implemented within the laboratories and other variable occupancy areas of the buildings and will aim to drive energy savings by optimizing the ventilation rates. OptiNet continuously monitors critical indoor parameters, lowering the ventilation when the air is clean and increasing fresh air when lab activity or building occupancy levels rise.
Aircuity Advisor Services will be used to help in the continuous commissioning of these spaces and to proactively manage the labs. The university can also use this data to track air flow and its associated energy use, which will help to ensure that the maximum energy savings are being achieved in these spaces, Aircuity says.
Aircuity has in the last 18 months installed it products in lab facilities at at least three other universities.
In January 2013, Arizona State University received LEED Gold certification for its new science building, which features Aircuity demand control ventilation systems.
In August. Appalachian State University contracted Aircuity to install energy efficient HVAC products in three science facilities on its Boone, N.C., campus.
In October, the company won a retrofit contract to provide laboratory ventilation to the Lazare Medical Research Facility on the University of Massachusetts Medical School campus in Worcester, Mass.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Planning for a Sustainable Future