University of Alberta Taps Aircuity for Lab Ventilation
Airside efficiency company Aircuity’s Western Canadian representative Aqua Air Systems has been awarded a five-year contract with the University of Alberta to install Aircuity products in at least three buildings on campus.
The Katz Group Centre, the Li Ka Shing Centre for Health Research Innovation, and the Centennial Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences are all slated for Aircuity installations. Additional building projects may be added during the contract term.
The award to Aqua Air Systems includes design, installation, startup and service of Aircuity’s OptiNet facility monitoring system to implement demand control ventilation and indoor environmental quality monitoring .
OptiNet will be implemented within the laboratories and other variable occupancy areas of the buildings and will aim to drive energy savings by optimizing the ventilation rates. OptiNet continuously monitors critical indoor parameters, lowering the ventilation when the air is clean and increasing fresh air when lab activity or building occupancy levels rise.
Aircuity Advisor Services will be used to help in the continuous commissioning of these spaces and to proactively manage the labs. The university can also use this data to track air flow and its associated energy use, which will help to ensure that the maximum energy savings are being achieved in these spaces, Aircuity says.
Aircuity has in the last 18 months installed it products in lab facilities at at least three other universities.
In January 2013, Arizona State University received LEED Gold certification for its new science building, which features Aircuity demand control ventilation systems.
In August. Appalachian State University contracted Aircuity to install energy efficient HVAC products in three science facilities on its Boone, N.C., campus.
In October, the company won a retrofit contract to provide laboratory ventilation to the Lazare Medical Research Facility on the University of Massachusetts Medical School campus in Worcester, Mass.
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape