University of Illinois at Chicago Upgrades 5 Buildings for Energy Savings
The University of Illinois at Chicago has signed a $63.6 million energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with Ameresco.
The project is expected to save the University more than $1.8 million in avoided energy costs annually for the 20 year term, and includes energy efficiency and infrastructure upgrades to UIC’s Science and Engineering Laboratories Complex, consisting of four teaching and laboratory buildings and a supporting office building, totaling more than 1.2 million square feet.
The ESPC will help the University meet its goal to reduce carbon emissions at least 80 percent by 2050, and the ESPC is budget-neutral for the school.
The two-year-long construction period will include infrastructure upgrades as well as energy conservation measures such as new and re-commissioned air handling units, HVAC control systems and equipment, chilled beam, new high performance fume hoods, lighting retrofits, weatherization of building envelope, and the installation of energy recovery systems.
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement