University of Illinois at Chicago Upgrades 5 Buildings for Energy Savings
The University of Illinois at Chicago has signed a $63.6 million energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with Ameresco.
The project is expected to save the University more than $1.8 million in avoided energy costs annually for the 20 year term, and includes energy efficiency and infrastructure upgrades to UIC’s Science and Engineering Laboratories Complex, consisting of four teaching and laboratory buildings and a supporting office building, totaling more than 1.2 million square feet.
The ESPC will help the University meet its goal to reduce carbon emissions at least 80 percent by 2050, and the ESPC is budget-neutral for the school.
The two-year-long construction period will include infrastructure upgrades as well as energy conservation measures such as new and re-commissioned air handling units, HVAC control systems and equipment, chilled beam, new high performance fume hoods, lighting retrofits, weatherization of building envelope, and the installation of energy recovery systems.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management