Updated Escalator Reduces Energy up to 40%
Escalator maker KONE updated its EcoMod product, which offers an approach to replacing the entire workings of an escalator by installing technology directly into the existing truss. The updated version can reduce energy consumption by 20 to 40 percent and oil consumption by nearly 95 percent (18 liters vs. 600 liters) over a 10-year span, and offers a 25-30 year lifecycle.
KONE has improved upon the initial product during its first decade in existence, which is now compatible with 13 different escalator manufacturers in North America. Options to the product include: LED continuous lighting for handrails and skirts; standby operation; APTA transit/heavy duty escalator capabilities; differential handrail drive system; and PLC (programmable logic controller).
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Combined Heat and Power
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management