Updated Escalator Reduces Energy up to 40%
Escalator maker KONE updated its EcoMod product, which offers an approach to replacing the entire workings of an escalator by installing technology directly into the existing truss. The updated version can reduce energy consumption by 20 to 40 percent and oil consumption by nearly 95 percent (18 liters vs. 600 liters) over a 10-year span, and offers a 25-30 year lifecycle.
KONE has improved upon the initial product during its first decade in existence, which is now compatible with 13 different escalator manufacturers in North America. Options to the product include: LED continuous lighting for handrails and skirts; standby operation; APTA transit/heavy duty escalator capabilities; differential handrail drive system; and PLC (programmable logic controller).
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls