Updated Escalator Reduces Energy up to 40%
Escalator maker KONE updated its EcoMod product, which offers an approach to replacing the entire workings of an escalator by installing technology directly into the existing truss. The updated version can reduce energy consumption by 20 to 40 percent and oil consumption by nearly 95 percent (18 liters vs. 600 liters) over a 10-year span, and offers a 25-30 year lifecycle.
KONE has improved upon the initial product during its first decade in existence, which is now compatible with 13 different escalator manufacturers in North America. Options to the product include: LED continuous lighting for handrails and skirts; standby operation; APTA transit/heavy duty escalator capabilities; differential handrail drive system; and PLC (programmable logic controller).
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book