Updated Standard from ANSI, ASHRAE and IES
ANSI, ASHRAE and IES have published Standard 90.1-2016, which is the “Energy Efficiency Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings.” ASHRAE says that the document contains 125 addenda published since the 2013 standard. The document serves as the commercial building reference standard for state building energy codes.
The newest version is the 10th edition published since the programs creation in 1975. The new edition has a new formatting to improve usability. Changes are included to building envelope, lighting, mechanical standards and energy cost budget and modeling standards. An appendix now can be used as “a path for compliance” with the standard, according to the press release.
Last month, ASHRAE approved Bluon Energy’s TdX 20 refrigerant under Standard 34-2013. The approval was validated by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). TdX 20 was given the designation R-458A.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future