Updated Standard Includes New Climate Zone, Climatic Data
The newly updated Standard 169 from ASHRAE, Climatic Data for Building Design Standards, is a comprehensive source of climate data for building design, and provides a variety of climatic information for designing, planning and sizing building energy systems and equipment.
The ASHRAE Research Project replaced all data and tables in the standard.
An additional “Extremely Hot” Climate Zone 0 with humid (0A) and dry (0B) zones has been added, and the standard now includes climatic data for 5,564 locations throughout the world.
Standard 169 now includes climate zone maps for the entire world, as opposed to the 2006 standard which only included the US.
The standard touches on dry-bulb, dew-point and wet-bulb temperatures; enthalpy; humidity ration; wind conditions; solar irradiation; latitude; longitude; and elevation for locations worldwide.
Standard 169 also includes statistical data, such as mean temperatures; daily ranges; degree hours; and seasonal percentages within ranges of temperatures, to name just a few.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management