Upgraded Portfolio Manager Offers Lifecycle Feature
The EPA released the upgrade to its online energy management and tracking tool, Energy Star Portfolio Manager. The upgraded tool can help businesses track energy use, and the tool is widely used in cities that require commercial buildings to benchmark energy usage.
The new Energy Star Portfolio Manager delivers a more user-friendly interface, enhanced data sharing capabilities, better reporting, and for the first time, the ability to manage buildings across their lifecycle from design through occupancy.
Tens of thousands of organizations – including school districts, retail chains, hospital systems, and local governments – use Portfolio Manager to measure the energy performance, water use, utility costs, and greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) of more than 40 percent of the nation’s commercial building space.
The tool delivers nearly 150 metrics, including the 1–100 Energy Star score, which rates a building’s energy efficiency against similar buildings nationwide. A score of 50 represents median energy performance, whereas a score of 75 signifies that a building outperforms 75 percent of its peers. Buildings in the United States that score a 75 or higher, and have their data verified by a Professional Engineer or Registered Architect, are eligible to earn EPA’s Energy Star certification.
A recent EPA study showed that buildings that benchmarked consistently over a three-year period logged an average energy use reduction of 2.4 percent each year.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity