UPS for Data Centers Market Strong
The global data center uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) market is expanding as dependence on the centers for mission-critical applications grows. An improved investment landscape is further expanding the scope of the UPS market as organizations that withhold spending over the last few years and seeking solutions to increase energy efficiency.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan), Analysis of the Global Data Center Uninterruptible Power Supplies Market, predicts that revenue of $1.61 billion in 2013 will reach $2.34 billion in 2019 as a result of the demand for well-equipped data centers with fully functioning backup power.
“The trend towards virtualization and cloud computing as well as the need for data availability on the go, is boosting the number of UPS installations,” said Frost & Sullivan Energy & Environmental Research Analyst Anu Elizabeth Cherian. “Organizations are veering towards a new generation of UPS systems that complement the virtual server design and significantly raise the total power usage effectiveness of data centers.”
The price premium attached to UPS systems with higher efficiency, however, is deterring cost-conscious end users from upgrading their current UPS equipment. Lack of product differentiation, market maturity, and intense price competitiveness are also limiting the development of the global data center UPS market.Products to serve the market continue to be launched.
UPS manufacturers must invest in product innovation and revamp their current technologies to sustain steady year-over-year growth. For instance, they could employ direct current backup power systems to meet the demand for energy efficiency in data centers
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers