Urjanet Supports Updated Portfolio Manager
Urjanet’s subscription-based energy data service now supports the Environmental Protection Agency’s new version of Portfolio Manager released in July.
Portfolio Manager is an online tool that helps companies measure and track energy use and greenhouse gas emissions to benchmark building performance.
Urjanet now allows its customers to take the normalized utility usage data from its utilityCONNECT product and input that data directly into Portfolio Manager.
Urjanet’s utilityCONNECT normalizes data streams from more than 800 utilities and other data sources and provides the data to large corporations, government agencies and industrial facilities. The cloud-based subscription service delivers data such as electricity and natural gas billing, demand, consumption, history, tariffs and rate plans, weather data, interval metering and carbon intensity.
In addition to Portfolio Manager, utilityCONNECT integrates with a customer’s existing cloud or enterprise software applications, accounting systems, business intelligence platforms, and energy and carbon management infrastructure.
According to the EPA, more than 40 percent of US commercial building space is already benchmarked in Portfolio Manager making it the de facto industry standard. Portfolio Manager is used as well by the Canadian government as the platform for its national energy benchmarking program for existing commercial and institutional buildings. This month, Chicago became the latest city to require owners of large commercial properties to benchmark their energy usage with Portfolio Manager.
In other Urjanet news, the company announced three new additions to its product line:
- weatherCONNECT – information that helps calibrate facility-by-facility energy performance across an enterprise based on data regarding local weather conditions from 5,000 certified weather stations across North America. This allows for the calculation of the impact of seasonal shifts and atmospheric events on energy performance.
- meterCONNECT – a data stream that provides customers access to advanced meter information without installing any hardware or software, allowing them to react more quickly to demand-side events and change behavior accordingly. meterCONNECT supports a wide variety of standards along with utility and non-utility data sources.
- alertCONNECT – a data service framework that provides instantaneous information about anomalies in energy usage and billing, allowing customers to take corrective action as needed. Alerts include service operation below a company’s contracted levels, late payments and meter-reading delays.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Planning for a Sustainable Future