US Embassy in Nicaragua Spends $15 Million for Energy Contract
The Department of State has selected Lockheed Martin to deliver energy savings for the US Embassy in Managua, Nicaragua.
Under the contract, the embassy will invest $15 million to save more than $36 million in utility expenses through the installation of 1 MW of solar photovoltaic generation on-site, lighting upgrades and controls, chiller plant upgrades, building automation system optimization and transformer upgrades.
The contract is a task order under the Department of Energy’s Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC) indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity vehicle that allows federal agencies to accomplish energy savings projects without up-front capital costs. Instead, upgrades are financed through third-party loans that are paid back from the savings realized by the energy efficiency projects.
In 2008, the Department of Energy selected Lockheed Martin as one of 16 Super ESPC companies prequalified to compete for task orders that encompass multiple projects or facilities. The corporation implements energy efficiency, smart grid and cyber security programs across the government and industry.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing