US Government Offers Funds for Fuel Cell Innovations
The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy’s fuel cell incubator program wants to identify fuel cell technologies not already addressed in its project portfolio. The agency will offer the funding opportunity: “Fuel Cell Technologies Incubator: Innovations in Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Fuels Technologies.”
Some anticipated specific areas of interest include:
- Platinum Group Metal (PGM)-free catalysts and membrane electrode assemblies
- Fuel cell-based electrochemical conversion devices for stationary energy storage
- Completely innovative hydrogen production and delivery technologies (including hoses, meters, compressors)
- Breakthrough, low-pressure hydrogen storage materials
- Hydrogen infrastructure: Manufacturing solutions for low-cost, standardized skid-mounted hydrogen fueling stations; and game-changing business models/financial approaches to address infrastructure costs.
EERE plans to issue the funding opportunity on or about March 31, 2014.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement