US Government Offers Funds for Fuel Cell Innovations
The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy’s fuel cell incubator program wants to identify fuel cell technologies not already addressed in its project portfolio. The agency will offer the funding opportunity: “Fuel Cell Technologies Incubator: Innovations in Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Fuels Technologies.”
Some anticipated specific areas of interest include:
- Platinum Group Metal (PGM)-free catalysts and membrane electrode assemblies
- Fuel cell-based electrochemical conversion devices for stationary energy storage
- Completely innovative hydrogen production and delivery technologies (including hoses, meters, compressors)
- Breakthrough, low-pressure hydrogen storage materials
- Hydrogen infrastructure: Manufacturing solutions for low-cost, standardized skid-mounted hydrogen fueling stations; and game-changing business models/financial approaches to address infrastructure costs.
EERE plans to issue the funding opportunity on or about March 31, 2014.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management