Utility Offers Energy Efficiency App
Michigan utility DTE Energy unveiled a free, energy efficiency app for its electric customers.
DTE Insight links customers’ iPhones (the app for Android phones will be available in late July) to their smart meters to help them discover their energy usage in real time. More than 1.3 million advanced meters have been installed in Southeast Michigan.
The app – DTE Insight – offers:
-A view of customers’ daily, weekly, monthly and annual electric usage with energy consumption patterns;
-Weekly challenges designed to engage and provide rewards for saving energy;
-The PowerScan Tool for iPhone users to scan electrical appliances’ power cords to instantly see its energy consumption and an estimate of their monthly operating costs;
-A dashboard view that provides tips, alerts and other information to help customers find the best ways to increase their energy savings.
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Combined Heat and Power
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement