Utility Offers Energy Efficiency App
Michigan utility DTE Energy unveiled a free, energy efficiency app for its electric customers.
DTE Insight links customers’ iPhones (the app for Android phones will be available in late July) to their smart meters to help them discover their energy usage in real time. More than 1.3 million advanced meters have been installed in Southeast Michigan.
The app – DTE Insight – offers:
-A view of customers’ daily, weekly, monthly and annual electric usage with energy consumption patterns;
-Weekly challenges designed to engage and provide rewards for saving energy;
-The PowerScan Tool for iPhone users to scan electrical appliances’ power cords to instantly see its energy consumption and an estimate of their monthly operating costs;
-A dashboard view that provides tips, alerts and other information to help customers find the best ways to increase their energy savings.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws