Utility Offers Energy Efficiency App
Michigan utility DTE Energy unveiled a free, energy efficiency app for its electric customers.
DTE Insight links customers’ iPhones (the app for Android phones will be available in late July) to their smart meters to help them discover their energy usage in real time. More than 1.3 million advanced meters have been installed in Southeast Michigan.
The app – DTE Insight – offers:
-A view of customers’ daily, weekly, monthly and annual electric usage with energy consumption patterns;
-Weekly challenges designed to engage and provide rewards for saving energy;
-The PowerScan Tool for iPhone users to scan electrical appliances’ power cords to instantly see its energy consumption and an estimate of their monthly operating costs;
-A dashboard view that provides tips, alerts and other information to help customers find the best ways to increase their energy savings.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Integrated Building Optimization
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement