Utility Offers Energy Efficiency App
Michigan utility DTE Energy unveiled a free, energy efficiency app for its electric customers.
DTE Insight links customers’ iPhones (the app for Android phones will be available in late July) to their smart meters to help them discover their energy usage in real time. More than 1.3 million advanced meters have been installed in Southeast Michigan.
The app – DTE Insight – offers:
-A view of customers’ daily, weekly, monthly and annual electric usage with energy consumption patterns;
-Weekly challenges designed to engage and provide rewards for saving energy;
-The PowerScan Tool for iPhone users to scan electrical appliances’ power cords to instantly see its energy consumption and an estimate of their monthly operating costs;
-A dashboard view that provides tips, alerts and other information to help customers find the best ways to increase their energy savings.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy