Utility Rebate Gives Buffalo Hotel 50% ROI in 11 Months
Salvatore’s Grand Hotel in Buffalo, NY, is saving energy from a joint technology partnership between ZENO Controls and its subsidiary Verve Living Systems. The technology uses the wireless Verve Keycard Switch to communicate with room HVAC and bedside lamps via the ZENO gateway with InnPoint Software.
For its energy saving efforts, the local utility, New York State Electric and Gas, presented a rebate check to the hotel in the amount of $48,987, representing more than a 50 percent ROI delivered in less than 11 months.
The Mesh network installed at Salvatore’s Grand Hotel reduces energy consumption when guestrooms are left vacant by dropping heating and air conditioning units to pre-set temperatures and by turning off lamps. All in-room control systems are networked together to facilitate remote guestroom control through the cloud and at the hotel front desk. Based on occupancy, front desk staff can turn on or off room lighting and HVAC. In addition, because these controls are managed in the cloud, it is possible to monitor energy consumption online from anywhere in the world.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room