Utility Rebate Gives Buffalo Hotel 50% ROI in 11 Months
Salvatore’s Grand Hotel in Buffalo, NY, is saving energy from a joint technology partnership between ZENO Controls and its subsidiary Verve Living Systems. The technology uses the wireless Verve Keycard Switch to communicate with room HVAC and bedside lamps via the ZENO gateway with InnPoint Software.
For its energy saving efforts, the local utility, New York State Electric and Gas, presented a rebate check to the hotel in the amount of $48,987, representing more than a 50 percent ROI delivered in less than 11 months.
The Mesh network installed at Salvatore’s Grand Hotel reduces energy consumption when guestrooms are left vacant by dropping heating and air conditioning units to pre-set temperatures and by turning off lamps. All in-room control systems are networked together to facilitate remote guestroom control through the cloud and at the hotel front desk. Based on occupancy, front desk staff can turn on or off room lighting and HVAC. In addition, because these controls are managed in the cloud, it is possible to monitor energy consumption online from anywhere in the world.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing