Varentec Selects Flex to Build Grid-Edge Control Devices
Varentec, a company that builds power management and monitoring solutions for the electric grid, has selected Flex to manufacture its Varentec ENGO devices for sale to utilities in US and global markets.
The partnership will allow Varentec to rapidly scale production to support broad deployment of ENGO devices, which work in combination with the company’s GEMS software platform to control the grid edge. These systems can be deployed as complete, stand-alone distribution systems by large or medium-size investor-owned utilities, as well as small municipal utilities and cooperatives.
Utilities can implement the system to implement energy savings, energy efficiency and demand response solutions or help postpone investments in fossil fuel generating capacity, under routine daily operating conditions and in the context of high distributed PV or wind penetration.
According to Varentec, when deployed together, its ENGO devices and GEMS software platform help utilities achieve 5 percent energy savings and reduce technical losses.
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds