Variable Speed Drive Pump Systems Save Energy
Eaton’s new variable speed drive (VSD) pump systems can provide up to 70 percent energy savings for equipment in the machine building, manufacturing, oil and gas and marine industries, depending on the machine duty cycle. The industrial pump system, available in open- or closed-loop motion control configurations, reduces operational costs by allowing quieter machine operation, reducing or eliminating cooling needs and allowing for pump downsizing.
Running pumps at a variable speed also reduces noise pollution, protecting operators’ hearing while meeting noise regulations. As equipment efficiency increases, oil coolers can be downsized, limiting the amount of oil used and extending the life of seals and oil. Eaton’s VSD solution also helps machine owners meet Energy related Products (ErP) directive 2009/125/EC.
The complete VSD system can include one or more pumps, selected from an offering of PVM variable piston pumps, Hydrokraft variable piston pumps or VMQ fixed vane pumps.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- There’s Money in the Trash