VC Funding for Smart Grid at $81M in Q2 2014, Says Mercom
According to consulting firm Mercom Capital Group, venture capital funding into smart grid companies came in at $81 million in 13 deals in Q2 2014, compared to $101 million in 21 deals in Q1 2014.
In Q2 2014 some top VC deals include: Sunverge Energy, a developer and manufacturer of distributed energy management systems, raised $15 million; On-Ramp Wireless, a developer of wireless energy automation and M2M communications, received $13.6 million in an amended funding round; Gridco Systems, a smart power management technology company for utilities and industrial power consumers, raised $12 million.
Given the convergence of technologies, in 2014 Mercom has expanded its Smart Grid coverage to include Battery/Storage and Energy Efficiency sectors.
Companies in the Battery/Storage space received $90 million in six deals, compared to $180 million in eight deals in Q1.
Energy Efficiency companies raised $113 million in 16 deals in Q2, compared to $156 million in 12 deals in Q1 2014.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management