Vehicle-to-Grid Program Uses Ideal Power Battery Converters
Coritech Services intends to install battery converters from Ideal Power in its bi-directional electric vehicle charging system for use in vehicle-to-grid applications for the Department of Defense. Vehicle-to-grid technology allows electrified vehicles to supply power to the local grid to improve the energy independency and grid resiliency of commercial and government installations.
In 2013, Coritech developed the world’s first commercial truck vehicle-to-grid demonstration as part of the Smart Power Infrastructure Demonstration for Energy Reliability and Security (SPIDERS) program.
After the initial demonstration phases of SPIDERS, the DOD announced plans to enable a wider deployment of up to 500 electric vehicles at select installations. Coritech plans to deploy systems that include 10 of Ideal Power’s 30 kW battery converters with Power Packet Switching Architecture at these installations.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?