Vehicle-to-Grid Program Uses Ideal Power Battery Converters
Coritech Services intends to install battery converters from Ideal Power in its bi-directional electric vehicle charging system for use in vehicle-to-grid applications for the Department of Defense. Vehicle-to-grid technology allows electrified vehicles to supply power to the local grid to improve the energy independency and grid resiliency of commercial and government installations.
In 2013, Coritech developed the world’s first commercial truck vehicle-to-grid demonstration as part of the Smart Power Infrastructure Demonstration for Energy Reliability and Security (SPIDERS) program.
After the initial demonstration phases of SPIDERS, the DOD announced plans to enable a wider deployment of up to 500 electric vehicles at select installations. Coritech plans to deploy systems that include 10 of Ideal Power’s 30 kW battery converters with Power Packet Switching Architecture at these installations.
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions