Vehicle-to-Grid Program Uses Ideal Power Battery Converters
Coritech Services intends to install battery converters from Ideal Power in its bi-directional electric vehicle charging system for use in vehicle-to-grid applications for the Department of Defense. Vehicle-to-grid technology allows electrified vehicles to supply power to the local grid to improve the energy independency and grid resiliency of commercial and government installations.
In 2013, Coritech developed the world’s first commercial truck vehicle-to-grid demonstration as part of the Smart Power Infrastructure Demonstration for Energy Reliability and Security (SPIDERS) program.
After the initial demonstration phases of SPIDERS, the DOD announced plans to enable a wider deployment of up to 500 electric vehicles at select installations. Coritech plans to deploy systems that include 10 of Ideal Power’s 30 kW battery converters with Power Packet Switching Architecture at these installations.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management