Vehicle-to-Grid Program Uses Ideal Power Battery Converters
Coritech Services intends to install battery converters from Ideal Power in its bi-directional electric vehicle charging system for use in vehicle-to-grid applications for the Department of Defense. Vehicle-to-grid technology allows electrified vehicles to supply power to the local grid to improve the energy independency and grid resiliency of commercial and government installations.
In 2013, Coritech developed the world’s first commercial truck vehicle-to-grid demonstration as part of the Smart Power Infrastructure Demonstration for Energy Reliability and Security (SPIDERS) program.
After the initial demonstration phases of SPIDERS, the DOD announced plans to enable a wider deployment of up to 500 electric vehicles at select installations. Coritech plans to deploy systems that include 10 of Ideal Power’s 30 kW battery converters with Power Packet Switching Architecture at these installations.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Combined Heat and Power
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies