Vehicle-to-Grid Program Uses Ideal Power Battery Converters
Coritech Services intends to install battery converters from Ideal Power in its bi-directional electric vehicle charging system for use in vehicle-to-grid applications for the Department of Defense. Vehicle-to-grid technology allows electrified vehicles to supply power to the local grid to improve the energy independency and grid resiliency of commercial and government installations.
In 2013, Coritech developed the world’s first commercial truck vehicle-to-grid demonstration as part of the Smart Power Infrastructure Demonstration for Energy Reliability and Security (SPIDERS) program.
After the initial demonstration phases of SPIDERS, the DOD announced plans to enable a wider deployment of up to 500 electric vehicles at select installations. Coritech plans to deploy systems that include 10 of Ideal Power’s 30 kW battery converters with Power Packet Switching Architecture at these installations.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles