Ventilation Technology Saves 96% in kWh at 2 Garages
Engineers for the regional utility verified the energy savings captured by the Nagle Energy Solutions (NES) garage demand-control ventilation system at two buildings in California. At 475 Sansome Street, a downtown San Francisco high-rise office building, and at CityView Plaza, a high-rise office complex in downtown San Jose, NES recently installed its FG-20 digital control system. Both commercial garages saw a 96.5 percent reduction in both kWh consumption and peak kilowatt kW demand, says NES.
Utility costs for CityView Plaza, which houses a 1,100-vehicle garage with below-grade sections requiring continuous ventilation, have been cut by $29,000 annually – from a pre-retrofit cost of $30,000 per year to ventilate its garage to a post-retrofit cost of $1,000 annually.
Prior to the retrofit by NES, property management ran its three garage fans totaling 40 horsepower on a 24/7 basis. The resulting 197,000 kWh consumed by the garage ventilation system accounted for 9.3 percent of Cityview Plaza’s total, annual electric bill.
At 475 Sansome Street, the NES FG-20 garage system cut the property’s garage ventilation energy consumption by more than 57,580 kWh annually – a 96.5 percent reduction from its pre-retrofit baseline consumption of 59,700 kWh – with peak kW also permanently reduced by 96.5 percent (from 15.27 kW to just 0.54 kW). As a result, the utility bill has been reduced by more than $8,500 a year.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection