Veolia Manages College’s Central Cogeneration Plant
Veolia North America was awarded a 5-year contract with the South Orange County Community College District to provide operation and maintenance of its central cogeneration plant at Saddleback College in Mission Viejo, Calif.
Following a competitive bid process, Veolia was selected to operate and maintain the central plant, including power generation equipment, the chilled and hot water systems and the high-voltage distribution system. Veolia will also provide 24/7 remote monitoring and emergency response.
The natural-gas-fired cogeneration plant recycles the heat from its power generation process into thermal energy to heat and cool water distributed throughout the campus. With an electrical capacity of 1.5 MW, campus power is supplied by the central plant and electricity purchased from San Diego Gas and Electric to offset peak demand. The plant integrates a chilled water capacity of 2,000 tons and supplies chilled and hot water to the majority of buildings at the Saddleback College campus.
As part of the management services, Veolia has also performed equipment condition assessments and established new operating and maintenance guidelines for the central plant.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection