Verdantix Names Top Building Energy Management Software Providers
The worldwide market leaders for building energy management software (BEMs) are Elster EnergyICT, EnerNOC, Envizi, eSight Energy, IBM, Schneider Electric, Siemens Building Technologies and Verisae, according to Verdantix.
The release says that IBM, Schneider Electric and Siemens are in the leaders’ quadrant and that EnerNOC has the “highest level of market momentum.” In addition to naming the top players, the report found that 41 percent of customers prefer to buy energy software from a services firm and 18 percent from a controls supplier.
The firm said that DEXMA, Envizi, eSight Energy, Verisae and Lucid “should be included on any short-lists” and Ameresco, Elster EnergyICT, EnerNOC and Wipro EcoEnergy offer strong energy system deployment options.
Last month, Lux Research said that the BEMs market is growing due to the use of software-as-a-service (SaaS), low pricing and access to as much as $1.4 billion in venture capital funding between 2000 and last year.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash