Verisae Acquires Hara, Triples Customer Base
Minneapolis-based Verisae, a provider of energy and sustainability management for businesses, has acquired Hara Software based in San Mateo, Calif., for an undisclosed amount. Hara’s cloud-based software tracks, reports and executes on energy saving opportunities.
Jerry Dolinsky, CEO of Verisae, said “Verisae has primarily focused on the retail market, serving big retailers such as Target, Costco and the like.”
The company offers its software as a service (SaaS) in four primary areas:
- Energy management,
- Sustainability initiatives,
- Facility and maintenance management,
- Remote machine to machine monitoring.
The acquisition of Hara follows Verisae’s recent purchase of WorkOasis, a Georgia-based SaaS company. Verisae has about 60-70 customers, but with the addition of WorkOasis and Hara Software, its customer base will balloon to about 200.
A combined software platform will launch in the first quarter of 2014 with all Verisae, Hara and WorkOasis customers gaining access to expanded functionality.
“The addition of Hara is highly strategic and broadens the depth of our integrated sustainability platform,” said Dolinsky. “Hara customers will benefit by gaining access to Verisae’s comprehensive software solutions – from asset management, energy demand management and lease management to remote monitoring – in one integrated sustainability platform.”
Rodrigo Prudencio, CEO of Hara Software, will step down.
Verisae’s customers will expand to include hospitality, retail banking, education, technology, manufacturing, service management and government.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts